Bid Notices & Solicitations
KINGSTREE HOUSING DEVELOPMENT COMPANY (located in Kingstree South Carolina) will accept Sealed Bids from qualified/licensed firms to provide LAWN MAINTENANCE & GROUNDS PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE services for an initial term of two (2) years.
- Prior to the closing date of initial 2-year contract term, KHDC may offer a 1-year extension.
- At KHDC's sole discretion and based on KHDC's complete satisfaction with current provider's costs and performance, one extension may be offered for a term not to exceed the three (3) remaining years resulting in a total contract period of five (5) consecutive years.
Sealed Bids will be accepted until 2:00 PM local time, October 6th, 2021 at 1022 Lexington Ave, Kingstree South Carolina, 29556. Bids received after the stipulated date and time will not be considered.
KHDC will not be held responsible for late delivery of bids by the U. S. Postal Service or any other means.
THE ENVELOPE CONTAINING THE SEALED BID shall be marked as follows:
- Company name and address.
- Title: Lawn & PM Services.
Interested firms are encouraged to visit each of the 3 properties to assess existing conditions, etc.
Frierson Homes, McFarlin Homes and Lanue Floyd properties.
KHDC reserves that right to reject any and all Bids, to select more than one (1) Prime Contractor, waive minor informalities in the procurement process and to mad a decision, which is best interest of the company. No bid shall be withdrawn for a period of sixty (60) days subsequent to the submittal deadline without KHDC's content.
KHDC is an Equal Employment Opportunity organization and prohibits discrimination with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin (EEO)Questions pertaining to the Specifications and document submittal requirements shall be submitted in writing via email: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than ten (10) days prior to submittal deadline.
Release date: September 9, 2021
KHDC Landscape Proposal
General Maintenance for all three properties (Frierson Homes, McFarlin, and Lanue Floyd)
- Mow all turf areas, including play area or clean grounds if mowing is not needed.
- Edge between turf and hard surfaces/planting beds.
- Blow walks, driveways porches and hardscapes.
- Weed control in all planting beds and hard surfaces (driveways, walks, etc.)
- Work to be performed every week. April-October.
- Blow and remove leaves November -March.
- Once a month check of all overgrown vegetation around office and buildings at all properties.
- Four preventative fungicide applications to discourage brown patch in summer months.
Early Spring (February - March) General clean-up of weeds and debris in planting beds; pruning of any winter damaged plants or shrubbery; cut back ornamental grasses and over-wintered perennials and fertilize all ornamentals. Selective pruning and thinning of landscape-sized trees.
- Top-dress existing mulched areas with pine bark mulch.
- Timing to be discussed with customer
Blow leaves away from buildings.
This proposal does not include the following:
- Pest and disease control on plantings and turf: Once a month spray all turf and around trees for ants (license is required to spray). (This can be handled on an 'as needed' basis)
- Tree pruning (any branches beyond the reach of our pole pruner)
The landscaping company should be available for other jobs not included in this proposal, i.e., new planting, pressure washing, major storm clean-up, REAC and other physical inspections and etc.
The company must have liability, workman's compensation insurance, pesticide licensing or have their sub-contractor present their licensing, verification of employee's legal status, compliance with all state and federal laws, and has been in business for at least one year. Documents such as W-9, business license, identification and all above documents must be presented before any contracts are signed.
Please feel free to contact April Williams at 843-355-7516 x 100 with any questions.